The Team is also featured in the Book! There's some really cool photos of us doing our stuff. I'm especially intrigued by the photo of someone with a snorkel mask, face in the water. Wow! Talk about dedication! I still haven't figured out who it is.
Then there is great shot of the Team at work! Very energetic, forward looking and inspiring. Bravo!Our work on Semakau and other seagrass meadows of Singapore does make a difference!
Looking through the Book brought back many memories for me which I've shared on the wild shores of singapore blog.
More about the Semakau Book on the NEA website with preview pages.
It is on sale for S$24.90 at the Customer Service Centre, Level 2 Environment Building, 40 Scotts Road and the Semakau Landfill.
For more information about the Book, please contact NEA at 1800-225 5632 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- About Pulau Semakau on the wildsingapore website
- About marine life on Pulau Semakau on the wild fact sheets section.
- About the field trips made for the Book on the wild shores of singapore blog.
- More blog posts about Semakau by everyone.
- More than a dumping ground: Pulau Semakau Cheong Poh Kwan, Straits Times 26 Aug 09;
- More years for landfill with more recycling: Semakau dumping ground can last another 5 years if 70% target met, Amresh Gunasingham, Straits Times 24 Aug 09;
- Semakau Island popular haunt for Singapore astronomers: 'Trash island' by day, star-studded by night, Ng Tze Yong, The New Paper 12 Aug 09;
- Book launched to commemorate 10th anniversary of Semakau landfill Cheryl Lim, Channel NewsAsia 8 Aug 09;